Butternut Squash Soup with Maple Bacon
Recipe by: Macheesmo
This is a go-to fall soup. It has just a few ingredients and is easy to mix together, but has incredible flavor that is brought to the next level by an irresistible crispy maple bacon topping.
For the Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash, roasted
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
For the Maple Bacon
- 8 strips bacon (not thick cut)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand maple syrup
- Slice butternut squash in half vertically. Place squash cut-side down on a baking sheet and poke some holes in the top with a knife or fork. Bake at 350 degrees until very tender, about an hour.
- For maple bacon, lay bacon strips out on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes until the bacon is cooked and starting to get crispy. Remove from oven and brush with real maple syrup. Return to oven for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a sturdy pot over medium heat, melt the butter and add onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until vegetables are translucent and soft.
- Scoop flesh out of roasted butternut squash and add to pot along with salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir together, add vegetable stock, and bring to a simmer. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup until smooth. If you are using a normal blender, let soup cool briefly before blending and blend in batches.
- Taste soup and adjust seasoning to your liking. Serve with crumbled maple bacon and maybe an extra drizzle of maple syrup!
Good Organic Fun!
Explore hundreds of organic
Sprouts Brand products in-store!