Banana Almond Butter Overnight Oats
Recipe by: Mom’s Kitchen Handbook
A simple, make-ahead, single-serve wholesome breakfast. It’s gluten-free, vegan and particularly tasty when made with Sprouts’ freshly ground almond butter, sold near the Bulk Department. Feel free to stir a teaspoon or two of healthy “add ins” into the mix, such as hemp seeds, chia seeds or ground flax. Serve it straight up, or top with fresh fruits. Mango is a favorite.
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts freshly ground almond butter (sold near the Bulk Department)
- 1 tsp. Sprouts Brand Honey
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 2/3 cup Sprouts Brand Almond Milk or other favorite milk
- 1/3 rounded cup rolled oats
- Chopped fresh fruit for topping the oatmeal (optional)
- Put the almond butter, honey and banana into am 8-12 oz. glass jar. If you don’t have a jar, you can use a cereal bowl.
- Use a fork to vigorously mash together the ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Add the milk and stir again to blend.
- Mix in the oats and stir well.
- Put the lid on the jar or cover the cereal bowl with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir and enjoy chilled or warm it by microwaving on high in 30-second bursts, stirring after each burst, until warm, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Top with fresh fruit, if desired.