Chopped Cherry Broccoli Salad
Recipe by: Nosh and Nourish
With broccoli and homegrown beet greens as the base, roasted chickpeas for protein and fiber, cherries for sweetness and antioxidants, and cashews for crunch, this chopped cherry broccoli salad is vibrant, full of so many nutrients and perfect for your next summer barbecue!
- 3/4 cup Sprouts chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 florets of broccoli, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup beet greens, or sub in your favorite greens
- 3/4 cup cherries, pitted and diced
- 3/4 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Sprouts dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Sprouts tahini
- 1/4 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Sprouts garlic powder
- Roast the chickpeas in a toaster oven, or a full-sized oven will work, at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a medium mixing bowl: broccoli, chickpeas, beet greens, cherries and cashews.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all sauce ingredients: brown mustard, tahini, maple syrup, garlic powder and sea salt. Stir thoroughly.
- Combine the sauce and the salad, and enjoy.