Pumpkin Maple Butter Swirled Donut Muffin
Recipe by: The Novice Housewife
Celebrate fall with these maple pumpkin butter swirled donut muffins. These donut muffins make for a healthier morning treat by making them with whole wheat and applesauce and are the perfect way to start your day this Fall.
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup Sprouts pumpkin spice applesauce
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup milk, room temeperature
- ¼ cup Sprouts Organic pumpkin spice apple cider
- ¼ cup Sprouts maple pumpkin butter
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 4 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. Set aside.
- Measure the milk and cider and combine
- Cream the butter with the sugar for a bit. Then add the pumpkin applesauce and cream for few more minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping the sides before the next addition.
- Add the vanilla.
- Stir the flour mix into the creamed butter, alternating with the milk in three additions, starting and ending with the flour.
- Spoon batter into the pans. I use an ice cream scoop. Fill the cups almost full- that ensure a nice dome on top.
- Put 1 tsp dollops of the maple pumpkin butter in center of each muffin batter and swirl with a tooth pick.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, or till pale golden and toothpick in the center comes out clean. It takes 16 minutes in mine.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place on wire rack
- Brush melted butter on the tops and dip in a bowl with the cinnamon sugar in it.
- Let cool.
Good Organic Fun!
Explore hundreds of organic
Sprouts Brand products in-store!