Cheese Tortelloni with Parmesan Cream Sauce, Walnuts & Roasted Asparagus
Fresh, four-cheese tortelloni is combined with garlicky roasted asparagus and crunchy walnuts and topped with a Parmesan cream sauce. This dish comes together in less than 30 minutes—perfect for weeknight Italian!
- 1 package Sprouts Markets Corner Four Cheese Tortelloni
- 1 bunch of asparagus, washed, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Salted Butter
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the tortelloni according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, toss the asparagus in the olive oil, garlic powder and grated Parmesan. Place onto a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, garlic and onion powder over medium heat. Let cook for a few minutes, and then whisk in the flour. Cook for two minutes.
- Add the walnuts, milk, salt and pepper. Cook on medium-low for about five minutes, or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the shaved Parmesan and stir to melt.
- Add the tortelloni and asparagus.
- Serve and enjoy!
Meet Emily Weeks, RDN, LD
Registered Dietitian and Author of Zen & Spice
Emily Weeks is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist from Dallas, Texas. Emily believes that the secret to a nourished, happy life is to develop a healthy relationship with food, our minds and our bodies. She instills this intuitive eating philosophy in the kitchen, working one-on-one with clients, and on her food and wellness blog, Zen & Spice. Her blog features delicious, easy recipes and simple strategies to learn how to become comfortable in the kitchen and embrace mindfulness. She has been featured on Cosmopolitan, Buzzfeed and Everyday Health, and recently won the Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2016 Media Award.