Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon
A classic recipe made for the slow cooker. Set it and forget it in the morning, then return home to a gourmet French classic.
- 6 strips of Sprouts Brand Bacon
- 3 lb. Sprouts Butcher Shop Beef Chuck Roast cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 3 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Tomato Paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Butter
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup red wine
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and drain. Cool and then crumble bacon.
- Season beef with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook until browned on all sides.
- Add beef to crockpot.
- Add crumbled bacon, carrot, onion, flour, beef broth, tomato paste, garlic, thyme and bay leaf to crockpot.
- Stir to combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- About an hour before serving, sauté mushrooms in two tablespoons butter until browned.
- Add mushrooms to crockpot along with red wine.
- Cook one hour longer then serve.
Meet Betsy Haley
Professional Food Stylist, Blogger, Digital Influencer
Betsy Haley turned her background in fine art and her love of cooking into a career in food styling. Her blog BetsyLife features a variety of recipes, fun videos and lifestyle content reflective of her home in California with her husband and dogs.