Gluten-Free Blueberry Galette
Take a trip to France in your kitchen with this blueberry galette. A galette is a free-form tart in which the pastry dough is laid flat on a baking pan, a filling is placed in the center and the dough is folded up around the sides to contain the filling and its juices as the galette cooks. This gluten-free version results in a lovely, crisp crust that bakes evenly while the filling bubbles away.
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- ½ cup super-fine almond flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ sticks Sprouts Brand Unsalted Butter, very cold
- 6-8 Tbsp. ice cold water
- 12 ounces blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Granulated Sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- Combine the gluten-free flour, almond flour and salt in a food processor. Pulse 10 times to mix the dry ingredients.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes then add to the dry ingredients. Pulse another 10 times to incorporate the butter.
- Sprinkle only four tablespoons of water over the mixture, pulse a few times, then check the consistency of the dough. If still crumbly add another tablespoon of water at a time, mixing again until the dough starts to form a ball.
- Wrap the ball of dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the filling. Check over the blueberries and remove any small stems still attached. Gently toss the blueberries with one tablespoon sugar and set aside until the dough has cooled.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut the dough into six equal pieces. Roll each piece into approximately a six-inch circle then place on your baking sheet.
- Place about two ounces of blueberries on the center of each dough circle then carefully fold up about an inch of dough around the edges.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest over the galettes.
- Refrigerate the galettes for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and the pastry is lightly browned.
- Cool before serving.
Food Blogger, Recipe Developer and Photographer at A Baker’s House
Holly grew up as a member of the Baker family, maybe that is where she got her sweet tooth! She is happiest sharing her desserts with others and loves to dive into cookbooks the way others might get lost in the latest mystery novel. Someday Holly would love to go to pastry school, but for now she learns from her baking trial and errors at home. Holly lives in Colorado where she enjoys playing with her two boys ages 7 and 11, practicing yoga, golfing and, of course, eating dessert first!