Merrily Lighter Spinach Dip
Everyone loves a great dip! Unfortunately, many are laden with fat and excess calories. This great tasting and nutritious spinach dip is a win-win! It’s lower in fat, as compared to the traditional version, and is rich in other delicious and colorful ingredients such as peppers and carrots. It is also high in fiber, which is satisfying and filling without the extra calories, as well as rich in a variety of nutrients and antioxidants.
- 10 oz. Sprouts Brand Frozen Chopped Spinach (thawed and strained)
- 6 oz. Sprouts Brand Greek Yogurt
- 4 oz. Sprouts Brand Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup chopped water chestnuts
- ¼ cup red bell pepper
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Sprouts Brand Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Sprouts Brand Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp. Sprouts Brand Dill Weed
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Sprouts Baby Boule (bread bowl)
- Combine the yogurt and cream cheese.
- Add the spinach, pepper, water chestnuts, carrots, peppers and stir together.
- Sprinkle in the herbs and spices and gently stir.
- Cut a wide circle at the top of the bread bowl and remove the top portion. Dig out the excess bread allowing space for the dip.
- Pour the dip inside the bread bowl.
- Serve alongside raw veggies such as carrots and peppers, or whole grain crackers.
Meet Suzanne Farrell MS, RDN
Owner of Cherry Creek Nutrition, Inc.
Suzanne Farrell is a registered dietitian and the owner of Cherry Creek Nutrition, Inc. a private practice in Denver, Colo. She is a regular guest on Denver’s Channel 2 providing nutrition segments as the channel’s nutrition coach. Her philosophy is to combine nutrition science with the art of living a healthy and happy life. Whether it is in one-on-one counseling, corporate wellness consulting, presenting nutrition seminars or working with the media, her goal is to spark enthusiasm about food and nutrition in a realistic and practical way. She is a former Spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics as well as the Colorado Dietetic Association. She lives in Denver with her husband and two young daughters.