Smashed Chickpea Salad on Crunchy Brown Rice Cakes
This plant-based Smashed Chickpea Salad on Crispy Brown Rice Cakes is packed with protein and fiber for a satisfying and nutritious lunch.
- 4 Sprouts Brand Organic Lightly Salted Brown Rice Cakes
- 1 15 oz. can Sprouts Brand Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 Tbsp. pitted Kalamata olives, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ small red onion, diced small
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss the garbanzo beans, bell pepper, olives, garlic and onion.
- Using a potato masher or back of a fork, mash the mixture leaving it chunky.
- Stir in the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Portion the chickpea salad evenly onto the rice cakes (about ¼ cup each).
Meet Marisa Moore, MBA, RDN, LD
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Blogger
Marisa Moore is an Atlanta-based registered dietitian nutritionist and consultant specializing in food and nutrition communications. Using a food-first, mostly plant-based approach, Marisa helps people eat better one morsel at a time. A trusted food and nutrition expert, Marisa is a contributor to US News and World Report, Huffington Post and People magazine and has appeared in major media outlets including the Dr. Oz Show, CNN, TODAY, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and more. Connect with her on Instagram and Twitter and get her recipes and nutrition tips at marisamoore.com.