Tropical Chickpea Walnut Quinoa Bowl
This Tropical Chickpea Walnut Quinoa Bowl is a satisfying vegan/vegetarian option for lunch and is topped with a delicious Coconut Mango dressing! You can feel good about eating this heart-healthy, fiber-rich meal.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. sriracha
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup Sprouts Brand Fat-Free Coconut Mango dressing
- Red bell pepper, sliced thin
- Avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and remove from heat once cooked.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil and sriracha in a small bowl.
- Add the broccoli florets to a large bowl and pour the sriracha-olive oil over top and stir well to coat.
- Spread the broccoli onto the baking sheet and roast in oven for 10 minutes on the middle oven rack.
- Stir broccoli around on baking sheet and add the chickpeas and walnuts. Place back in the oven and roast for five minutes. Remove from oven and set aside in a large bowl.
- To assemble quinoa bowls: Divide the quinoa and the broccoli, chickpeas and walnuts between two bowls. Top each bowl with two tablespoons of the Coconut Mango dressing, sliced red bell pepper, avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Meet Karman Meyer
Registered Dietitian, Food and Nutrition Blogger & Instagram-Fanatic
Karman is a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist based in Nashville, Tenn. Teaching people easy ways to implement healthy changes into their lifestyle is her passion! Karman blogs at The Nutrition Adventure and is an experienced recipe developer, nutrition writer and public speaker. When she’s not in the kitchen, she’s on her yoga mat, hiking in local parks or trying new restaurants around town.