Papaya, bananas, dried pineapple and coconut come together in this muffin to create a tropical start to your day. Wouldn’t we all love a taste of the island life right about now?
- 1 ½ cups Sprouts Brand Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Sprouts Brand Organic Shredded Coconut
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 stick Sprouts Brand Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup Sprouts Brand Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Sprouts Brand Cage Free Farm Fresh Eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1 papaya
- ½ cup Sprouts Brand Organic Coconut Chips plus 3 Tbsp. extra for topping (optional)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried pineapple bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients: whole wheat, shredded coconut, baking soda and salt.
- Mash the bananas and set aside.
- Cut the papaya in half, discard the seeds, scoop out the flesh of the fruit. Mash if very ripe and soft or puree in a small food processor until smooth. You should have about one cup of papaya mash or puree. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter, the dark brown sugar and the eggs. Add the mashed bananas, papaya, and the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in ½ cup coconut chips, raisins and dried pineapple bits.
- Fill two muffin pans with 18 baking cups or coat the tins with baking spray. The batter will make 18 muffins.
- Fill the muffin cups with batter. If desired, top each with a few coconut chips.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool before eating.
Food Blogger, Recipe Developer and Photographer at A Baker’s House
Holly grew up as a member of the Baker family, maybe that is where she got her sweet tooth! She is happiest sharing her desserts with others and loves to dive into cookbooks the way others might get lost in the latest mystery novel. Someday Holly would love to go to pastry school, but for now she learns from her baking trial and errors at home. Holly lives in Colorado where she enjoys playing with her two boys ages 7 and 11, practicing yoga, golfing and, of course, eating dessert first!