Banana Almond Butter Overnight Oats
A simple, make-ahead, single-serve wholesome breakfast. It’s gluten-free, vegan and particularly tasty when made with Sprouts’ freshly ground almond butter, sold near the Bulk Department. Feel free to stir a teaspoon or two of healthy “add ins” into the mix, such as hemp seeds, chia seeds or ground flax. Serve it straight up, or top with fresh fruits. Mango is a favorite.
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts freshly ground almond butter (sold near the Bulk Department)
- 1 tsp. Sprouts Brand Honey
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 2/3 cup Sprouts Brand Almond Milk or other favorite milk
- 1/3 rounded cup rolled oats
- Chopped fresh fruit for topping the oatmeal (optional)
- Put the almond butter, honey and banana into am 8-12 oz. glass jar. If you don’t have a jar, you can use a cereal bowl.
- Use a fork to vigorously mash together the ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Add the milk and stir again to blend.
- Mix in the oats and stir well.
- Put the lid on the jar or cover the cereal bowl with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir and enjoy chilled or warm it by microwaving on high in 30-second bursts, stirring after each burst, until warm, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Top with fresh fruit, if desired.
Meet Katie Morford, MS, RD
Cookbook Author at Mom’s Kitchen Handbook
Katie Morford is a writer, cookbook author, registered dietitian and mother of three. She’s published two cookbooks, “Rise & Shine” (Roost Books, 2016) and “Best Lunch Box Ever” (Chronicle Books, 2013). Her work has been featured in Cooking Light, Oprah, Real Simple, Bon Appetit, Parents, Redbook, the New York Times and the San Francisco Chronicle. She is the voice behind the award-nominated blog Mom’s Kitchen Handbook: Raising Fresh-Food Kids in a French-Fried World and blogs regularly on the Huffington Post. She lives with her husband and three daughters in San Francisco.