Beef Caprese Skewers
Beef up your summer appetizers by serving these simple Beef Caprese Skewers! This recipe features top round steak, which is a lean cut of beef.
- 1 lb. Sprouts Butcher Shop Top Round Steak (London Broil)
- ¼ cup Sprouts Brand Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Sprouts Brant Garlic Powder
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 oz. package Sprouts Brand Organic Basil, stems removed
- Place the beef in a glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and garlic powder to make a marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the beef.
- Cover the dish and allow to marinate for eight hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat a cast iron grill pan over medium heat until hot.
- Add beef, discarding the marinade, and cook six minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and place on a clean cutting board.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cut the beef into 1/4-inch thick slices, slicing against the grain.
- To assemble the skewers: Add one basil leaf to a skewer followed by a cube of mozzarella, a slice of cooked beef, a grape tomato and another basil leaf.
- Place on a serving platter and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Meet Karman Meyer
Registered Dietitian, Food and Nutrition Blogger & Instagram-Fanatic
Karman is a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist based in Nashville, Tenn. Teaching people easy ways to implement healthy changes into their lifestyle is her passion! Karman blogs at The Nutrition Adventure and is an experienced recipe developer, nutrition writer and public speaker. When she’s not in the kitchen, she’s on her yoga mat, hiking in local parks or trying new restaurants around town.