Chicken Cordon Bleu
A “blue ribbon” dish that is super simple to make. Juicy chicken with ham and cheese baked in a flavorful cream sauce that the whole family will love.
- 2 packages of Sprouts Organic Chicken Breasts (about six pieces)
- 1 package Sprouts Brand Black Forest Ham
- 1 package Sprouts Provolone Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Butter
- 3 Tbsp. tapioca flour (or your preferred flour)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Sprouts Brand Full Fat Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup almond flour (or your preferred breadcrumb)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. herbs de provence
- In a 8 ½ x 11 pan, add the chicken in a single layer.
- Top each piece of chicken with one to two pieces of ham.
- Top the ham with the slices of cheese.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, melt three tablespoons of butter.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Add in the chicken stock and coconut milk while whisking to mix in the flour and to thicken the sauce.
- Once sauce has thickened, add in the wine and seasonings (salt, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper).
- The sauce will be fairly thick, but will thin out once cooked with the chicken.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken to cover entirely.
- Mix the almond flour with one tablespoon of butter and herbs de provence and sprinkle over the chicken.
- Bake in the oven until sauce is bubbly and the chicken is cooked through, about 35-45 minutes.
Meet Sara Korzeniewski
Registered Dietitian, Certified LEAPTherapist, Health and Wellness Blogger
Sara has been a registered dietitian since 2005. Since childhood she has had a passion for nutrition and cooking. Her mission is to get people to eat and enjoy real food. Find more information and healthy recipes over on her blog, The Organic Dietitian.