Creamy Herbed Pumpkin Pasta
Kick off pumpkin season with a bang! This Creamy Herbed Pumpkin Pasta features tender noodles tossed with a creamy and cheesy pumpkin herb sauce to make the perfect seasonal entree.
- 16 oz. Sprouts Brand Farfalle (Bow-tie) Pasta
- 1 tsp. Sprouts Brand Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 15 oz. can Sprouts Brand Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat and add the olive oil and minced garlic. Cook for one minute. Add the tomato paste and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the pumpkin, half and half, milk, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in the cooked and drained pasta and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Meet Emily Weeks, RDN, LD
Registered Dietitian and Author of Zen & Spice
Emily Weeks is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist from Dallas, Texas. Emily believes that the secret to a nourished, happy life is to develop a healthy relationship with food, our minds and our bodies. She instills this intuitive eating philosophy in the kitchen, working one-on- one with clients, and on her food and wellness blog, Zen & Spice. Her blog features delicious, easy recipes and simple strategies to learn how to become comfortable in the kitchen and embrace mindfulness. She has been featured on Cosmopolitan, Buzzfeed and Everyday Health, and recently won the Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2016 Media Award.