Gluten-Free Nutty Chocolate Crunch Cookies
Holiday baking (and eating!) season should begin with these gluten-free nutty chocolate crunch cookies. Start with Sprouts Organic Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa, then echo those flavors with added melted chocolate and finely ground macadamia nuts in the cookie dough. They are perfect for a cookie exchange, a holiday party or a family get together.
- ½ cup Sprouts Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 stick Sprouts Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1 cup Sprouts Unsalted Roasted Macadamia Nuts (about 4 oz.)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup Sprouts Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Sprouts Cage Free Farm Fresh Egg
- 2 tsp. Sprouts Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Sprouts Organic Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare baking pans with parchment paper.
- Microwave ½ cup chocolate chips and only two tablespoons of the butter for 30 seconds. Stir, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare the dry ingredients: In a food processor combine the gluten-free flour, macadamia nuts, baking soda and salt. Process until the macadamia nuts are finely ground and incorporated into the flour mixture. There may be some small pieces of nuts visible still, that is fine. If this bothers you then sift the larger pieces out of the flour mixture before moving on.
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat the remaining six tablespoons of butter and the dark brown sugar.
- Add the egg, then the vanilla.
- Add the cooled melted chocolate and the hazelnut spread. Blend until smooth.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until incorporated.
- Take generous tablespoon scoops of the dough and form into small balls. Place on the prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 14 – 16 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Makes 30 cookies.
*Tip: remove from the oven when the cookies are still just barely cooked. It is hard to tell with dark cookies but taking these cookies out of the oven sooner rather than later is recommended.
Food Blogger, Recipe Developer and Photographer at A Baker’s House
Holly grew up as a member of the Baker family, maybe that is where she got her sweet tooth! She is happiest sharing her desserts with others and loves to dive into cookbooks the way others might get lost in the latest mystery novel. Someday Holly would love to go to pastry school, but for now she learns from her baking trial and errors at home. Holly lives in Colorado where she enjoys playing with her two boys ages 7 and 11, practicing yoga, golfing and, of course, eating dessert first!