No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Sweet, salty, crunchy and oh so delicious! This easy no-bake recipe is sure to become a household favorite!
- 2 cups of crushed Sprouts Brand Mini Twist Pretzels (crush, then measure)
- 12 Tbsp. (1 1/2 half sticks) Sprouts Brand Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Sprouts Brand Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup, plus 1/4 cup Sprouts Brand Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Sprouts Brand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Pretzels, roughly chopped, for topping
- Sprouts Brand Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped
- Place pretzels in a large plastic bag and crush (with a rolling pin) until well crushed (mostly crumbs and some small pretzel pieces).
- In a large bowl, combine crushed pretzels, melted butter, powdered sugar and 1 cup of peanut butter.
- Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread mixture into a 9″x 9″ casserole dish (or cake pan) and press into an even layer.
- In a small bowl, add chocolate chips and melt in the microwave (at 50 percent power) in 30-second intervals until mostly melted. Stir until fully melted, then add remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Pour, then spread chocolate topping in an even layer, then place dessert in the fridge 2-3 minutes, until the chocolate has cooled slightly, but is not firm.
- Roughly chop some additional pretzels and mini peanut butter cups, remove dessert from fridge and add toppings, pressing in to the chocolate layer slightly, as needed.
- Return entire dessert to the fridge and chill at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.
Notes – Store the bars in the fridge. Once set, the bars can be cut and stored in a Tupperware-type container, or individually wrapped in saran wrap for at least three days.
The finished bars will be slightly crumbly, so it’s near impossible to get super perfect bars. Make sure the bars are well chilled and firm before cutting, and wipe off the knife between cuts, as needed.
Meet Glory Albin
Blogger, baker and photographer at Glorious Treats
Glory is a baker, blogger, wife and mommy who loves sweet and pretty things! You’ll find her baking up delicious recipes, creating fun crafts and styling gorgeous parties on her site, GloriousTreats.com.