Shrimp and Summer Squash Quiche
A perfect brunch entree, this savory quiche recipe is full of seasonal ingredients and a healthy boost of protein from the shrimp.
Video Description: Abigail Joy Dougherty shows us how to make healthy upgrades to your Easter Brunch menu using Sprouts Brand products.
- 16 oz. peeled/deveined raw shrimp (tails off), diced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ package Sprouts Brand Frozen Organic Hash Browns
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1 small zucchini squash, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh Sprouts Brand Basil, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Sprouts Brand Cage Free Liquid Egg Whites (or six large egg whites)
- 4 large Sprouts Brand Organic Eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. blackened seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop zucchini and squash into small piece; Chiffonade or finely slice fresh basil and slice raw shrimp.
- Place frozen hash browns in prepared pie dish; bake 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add squash; cook 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender. Remove pan from heat; set aside.
- Combine in large bowl: eggs, egg whites, 1/4 cup of cheese, seasoning, basil, shrimp, and squash; stir until blended.
- Pour egg mixture into hash brown crust; top with remaining 1/4 cup of each cheese.
- Bake 30–35 minutes or until center is set and shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Let stand 15 minutes to set. Serve.
Meet Abigail Joy Dougherty
Registered Dietitian and Owner of The Soul of Health
Abigail is the founder of The Soul of Health Nutrition and a registered and licensed dietitian nutritionist whose mission is to inspire and motivate clients to achieve their nutrition goals while finding JOY and balance in living a healthy lifestyle! She wants to help people change the way they eat and how they feel about food, the same way she got healthy – one simple step at a time. Abigail is a weekly contributor and nutrition expert on WFLA News Channel 8 and contracts with businesses and sports teams to promote health and wellness through presentations, workshops and one-on-one nutrition coaching.