Sweet and Spicy Stir Fry Beef
This quick and easy weeknight recipe is the perfect way to liven up your stir fry, or just serve on a warm bed of rice. The marinade doubles as a delicious sauce and can be put together in a matter of minutes! Add more sriracha or red chiles for an extra kick.
- 1 lb. Extra Lean Sprouts Loin Beef Strips
- 2 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Organic Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sprouts Brand Avocado Oil
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- 2 tsp. Sprouts Brand Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- Juice from ½ lime
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. Sprouts Brand Unsalted Butter
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Whisk together soy sauce, avocado oil, fish sauce, brown sugar, sriracha, rice vinegar, lime zest, lime juice, minced garlic cloves and minced ginger in medium bowl.
- Add beef strips to marinade and let sit for five minutes.
- Set a large wok or cast iron skillet over medium high heat with a few tablespoons of avocado oil. Let pan get very hot.
- Remove beef from marinade and place in hot pan, reserving the rest of the marinade for later.
- Cook beef until browned on all sides.
- Remove from pan, set aside and pour marinade into hot pan.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very thick and reduced by about half.
- Turn off heat and stir in one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of cilantro.
- Plate beef and pour sweet and spicy sauce mixture on top.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and sesame seeds.
Meet Rachel Nichols
Food Stylist and Blogger
Rachel is a graphic designer and photographer residing in Denver, Colo. She runs The Fond Life, a food blog and online shop for the at-home cook who loves food and making their kitchen bright. On the weekends (and many week days) you will find her on mountain tops, climbing on rocks, playing grass volleyball, camping and snowboarding. She is a firm believer in adventuring in all seasons, in the kitchen or out of it.