Vegan Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Summer is the season for homemade ice cream. Conventional methods call for cooking down cream and milk and refrigerating it overnight before churning in an ice cream maker. The wonderful thing about coconut ice cream (besides the fact that it’s dairy free) is that you can skip that entire process and make the entire batch in under an hour. Coconut solidifies at a higher temperature than conventional dairy, so this recipe is perfect if you’re in a pinch and don’t have ingredients prepped the night before.
- 1 can Sprouts Brand Coconut Cream
- 1 can Sprouts Brand Full Fat Coconut Milk
- ⅔ cup Sprouts Brand White Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Bean, seeded
- 1 tsp. Sprouts Brand Vanilla Extract
- Combine coconut cream, coconut milk, sugar, vanilla bean seeds and vanilla extract in a high power blender.
- Blend until everything is completely mixed and frothy.
- Let sit in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Following instructions, set up your ice cream maker so it is ready to churn.
- Pour mixture into machine and let churn for 20-25 minutes or until all of the liquid has come together.
- Serve immediately for a soft serve texture, or freeze for an hour if you want it to solidify further.
Meet Rachel Nichols
Food Stylist and Blogger
Rachel is a graphic designer and photographer residing in Denver, Colo. She runs The Fond Life, a food blog and online shop for the at-home cook who loves food and making their kitchen bright. On the weekends (and many week days) you will find her on mountain tops, climbing on rocks, playing grass volleyball, camping and snowboarding. She is a firm believer in adventuring in all seasons, in the kitchen or out of it.