5 Easy Ways to Jazz up Your Canned Pumpkin
Sprouts Organic Canned Pumpkin is creamy, nutritious and full of seasonal flavor. Of course you can use it for pies and cakes, but what about savory dishes? We have a few ideas, and good gourd, we’re excited about them!
- Chili – Sauté one onion, bell pepper and 2 lbs ground meat in extra virgin olive oil. Stir in one can of pumpkin, chopped tomatoes and kidney beans along with 2 cups of water. Add 3 tablespoons of chili powder & cumin, and one can of chipotle chilies. Simmer for 2 hours and season with salt & pepper.
- Soup – Combine 1 can of pumpkin, 3 cups of chicken broth, 1 cup of heavy cream and ½ teaspoon nutmeg. Simmer for 15 minutes and serve with crème fraiche.
- Creamy fall pasta – Stir 1 cup of pumpkin and heavy cream together in saucepan with 3 tablespoons butter and a few sage leaves. Bring to light simmer for 10 minutes and toss with cooked pasta.
- Crostini topper – Mix ½ cup of your favorite goat cheese with 1/3 cup pumpkin and 1 teaspoon honey. Sprinkle in salt & pepper to taste. Spread over toasted baguette and top with crisp bacon.
- Dressing – Combine ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil with 2 tablespoons each red wine vinegar and pumpkin. Mix 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard and salt & pepper to taste.